Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The most delicious pancakes!

Today is world pancake day.   I know my post is late in the day.... but here is my recommendation.

These pancakes are incredibly thick, delicious and so healthy.   One of my sons even squealed with delight the first time I served them to him as he loved the exploding blueberries as he cut into them!   The blueberries add such natural sweetness that everyone in our family eats them just as they are - no extra sugar or fat on top needed!

Blueberry Pie Pancakes
Recipe adapted from here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/09/blueberry-pie-pancakes/

Serves 3

1 & 1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup flour (I use white whole wheat)
6 Tbsp (3/8 cup) rolled oats (I just use regular ol' Quaker oats)
1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
3/8 tsp salt
1 & 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 Tbsp sugar or 3 packets stevia (optional)
1 cup nondairy milk (I usually use vanilla Silk)

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet.  Mix, but don't over-mix.  Cook on an oiled or sprayed pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once. 

Here are the nutrition facts for one serving: http://tracker.dailyburn.com/recipes/thick_blueberry_pie_pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment